13 July 2012

buzzin' along

#177 / #10

Friday, July 13th

6 miles on the El Dorado Trail

I had not been on this trail in over a year, so it was nice to see it again and interesting to watch Himself's heartrate climb and climb and climb as we climbed and climbed and climbed.

For those of you just joining us, this trail is built on parts of an old railroad grade. And it is heading into the Sierra Nevada mountains. So it was 2.5 miles of NO COASTING then 2.5 miles of ALL COASTING.

Although it was still in the 80s when we set out, the trail from the Mosquito Road bus station is very shady. So we enjoyed the relief from the heat.

We decided to turn around at the US 50 overcrossing, since it was about a half hour before sunset.

Himself turned on his blinking front light, and I turned on my rear red flasher. I also put on my bright yellow windbreaker and then we sailed down the trail, my un-grease-packed hub making a racket like a swarm of bees. The noise we made bell ringing and whooping was enough to keep folks out of our way.

No flats or other mechanicals, despite the date

No comments:

Post a Comment