19 April 2014

laughing loafers

#335

This morning I left Red Leader snoozing and set out to lead a gaggle of happy bikers around and around Folsom's beautiful bike paths. I had 12 signups and drafted a fellow biker who has also led rides around to be my sweep. After all that, several did't show up (not uncommon) so I only had 6 bikes following me around. My sweep's yellow jacket was really easy to spot way back there in my rearview!

The ponds and wetlands have plenty of water right now, and there was plenty of wildlife to see. Mostly noisy quail. Saw another group of casual riders exploring the trail on this beautiful breezy morning.

It is a real pleasure to introduce folks to Folsom this way. Just lovely landscapes to admire.

A longer, faster ride tomorrow with Red Leader.

CU

No comments:

Post a Comment