28 May 2014

Bike-shark

#335 / #139

Red Leader and I got a late start today, 6:35pm, after fixing a flat on his right front tire. He replaced the tube, I supervised.

We went from the Folsom parking garage to some really outstandingly awful porta-potties past the Upper and Lower Sunrise areas.

We got back right before sunset: still enough light to see but glad we were both running front and rear blinkies as the bikes oncoming and overtaking us at the end of our ride were remarkably difficult to see (those with no lights).

I don't take corners as fast as Red Leader does, so he slowly pulls away from me on curvy sections, like the one coming to Willow Creek boat launch from the west.
Anyway, Red Leader was 1 curve ahead of me the whole way through that, and the tall yellow flag looked just like a shark fin, cruising right, then left, then right, then left.

I'm leading a ride on Saturday morning, and that'll be my last ride for May is Bike Month. I toyed with the idea of riding around tomorrow, to make up the lousy 33 miles I'll be missing from the 200 I pledged, but I just have too many other things to do. Boo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment