14 August 2014

IOU2

Ok, ok. So we've been riding, but not very much. And I owe all-you-alls FOUR, count 'em 4, posts.
So here goes...

23 July
Weather, continuing to Armageddon. Hot hot hot. We rode anyway. How long, I can't remember. It was either on the American River Parkway or the American River Parkway. Take your choice.

2 August
See above.

10 August
See above.

13 August
Ok. The real deal. It is finally below 90 today, and we are ON FIRE. Not us, although there was a small fire on the other side of the river from the bike trail. We watched a helicopter with a water thing suck up water from the river at a wide spot, then fly in a big loop to the hot spot and spray water in the general area of the fire while the ground crew dealt with the burning shrubs.
Actually, Red Leader was on fire, I was merely smoldering. I went for a swim in the morning, and I was remarkably tired on the bike ride. So I kept up on the way out to Wm Pond, then loafed on the way back.
Also, I'm upping my protein and dropping a little bit of the carbs I love so much (30% calories from carbs, 35% from protein, and 30% from fats). So I had no fuel for the ride. I guess I have to go back to making up goo and bringing that along. Sigh.

CU L8er

No comments:

Post a Comment